Elk Haven Cabins
Welcome to Custer, SD
Elk Haven Cabins are poised in a perfect setting only minutes from downtown Custer in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Our location provides convenient access to many of the local attractions including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park...yet are off the beaten path just 1.5 miles off of Highway 16. We offer unparalleled Black Hills and Mount Rushmore accommodations with privacy in the peaceful surroundings of the Black Hills pines, where wildlife abounds; providing a peaceful alternative to other crowded Black Hills motels.
Because our cabins are centrally located to all the area's wonderful Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore attractions, it's only minutes until you're back "Home" to rest and enjoy the natural beauty and serenity right off the deck of your Black Hills cabin. We are a great value and a great alternative to the typical hotel room.
* Located on a corner of what was once a working Elk Ranch
* Private and secluded Mount Rushmore lodging
* Living room and Dining room space, Kitchen , Bathroom,
Bedroom, three queen beds with linens provided
* Full Kitchen with all the amenities of Home
* Plenty of towels
* Color TV with Directv and wifi
* Deck with outdoor furniture, BBQ and tools
* Trailer parking
* Terrific views with abundant Black Hills wildlife
* Private hiking with a 360° view of the Black Hills
* Centrally located to the Black Hills & all the area attractions
Looking for something to Do?
- Mt Rushmore National Monument
- Crazy Horse Monument
- Custer State Park and Wildlife Loop
- Jewel Cave National Monument/Wind Cave National Monument
- Mammoth Site - Evans Plunge / Hot Springs
- George Mickelson Trail
- 1880's Train/Keystone/Hill City
- Rocky Knolls Golf Course
- Custer County Courthouse Museum
- Black Elk Peak
- Check out Lake Pactola or Lake Sheridan for swimming/fishing or rent a boat for the day at one of the marinas
- Hiking-Biking-Fishing-Boating-Swimming-Climbing, Mountain bike trails and much more
- Custer State Park - Buffalo Round Up - held every fall
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally - held every August
A new property added to the Elk Haven Vacation Cabins accommodations in Custer, SD!
The Blue Bird's Nest
Check out our newest accommodations located just up the road! The Blue Bird's Nest is nestled in the hills on 4 acres backing up to Forest Service property with beautiful views of Custer and Crazy Horse. Hang out in a hammock and watch for our namesake to fly by "The Mountain Blue Bird"
It is a newly built apartment located just up the street from the cabins. Very peaceful location with accommodations for 6-7.
What does the Blue Bird's Nest have:
Master Bedroom with lots of closet space/storage
Bunk Room - Twin XL upper and Full size bed lower
Queen sofa bed
Full Kitchen with dishwasher and full size refrigerator and microwave
Living/dining room combo
Bathroom with shower/tub and double vanity.
Available year round with heat and A/C
Currently no pets allowed at this location.